Partnership With Faith Communities
What Faith Communities Can Do to Help
Consider partnering with Hope House to better support survivors, hold perpetrators accountable, and raise awareness about domestic and sexual violence. Here are some suggestions:
- Invite Hope House to give a presentation to your faith community: Visit our community education page to learn more about the different types of presentation topics we offer for adults and youth.
- Contact Hope House about free written materials: Hope House has a selection of brochures, flyers, posters, and business cards to post for your congregation. Topics include Hope House services, information on support groups, domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, teen dating violence, role modeling healthy behavior, and volunteer and donation needs. Call Hope House at 608-356-9123 to request materials.
- Utilize the Faith Trust Institute: Visit the Faith Trust Institute's website for lots of great resources for faith communities on dealing with and raising awareness about domestic, sexual, and child abuse, including articles, webinars, FAQs, statistics, curriculum, books, and videos. A sample resource is available for download below.
- Add information to your church bulletin or newsletter: Contact Hope House at 608-356-9123 to receive information about Hope House services and/or domestic and sexual violence awareness to add to your church bulletin or newsletter.
- Contact Hope House for ways to get involved during awareness months: There are several designated months throughout the year that serve as a prime time for raising awareness: January is Stalking Awareness Month, February is Teen Dating Violence Awareness and Prevention Month, April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month and Child Abuse Prevention Month, and October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
- Donate needed items and volunteer your time: Please visit our donations page for information on the items Hope House needs regularly, and visit our volunteer page for information on the many ways you can volunteer for Hope House.