In recognition of those who lost their lives to domestic violence, we have placed luminaries in our front yard. Each luminary has the name and age of an individual who lost their life to domestic violence in 2016. To read their stories in the 2016 Wisconsin Domestic Violence Homicide Report, click here.
Would you like some of Hope House's domestic violence prevention posters or "Awareness + Action = Social Change" buttons or magnets for your business, agency, school, or church? Please give us a call at 608-356-9123 or email us.
Faith Trust Institute: Check out their resources for faith communities, including an informational bulletin, sample sermons, free recorded webinars, a handout on what faith communities can do to respond to domestic violence, and a sermon guide.
WI Domestic Violence Homicide Report: End Domestic Abuse Wisconsin just released their annual homicide report. In 2016, 73 people in Wisconsin died as a result of domestic violence - this number includes victim homicides and perpetrator suicides. To view the report, please click here. To read End Abuse WI's press release, click here.
MAX FM, Hope House of South Central Wisconsin, and the Baraboo PD are gathering to launch Purple Thursday.
Purple Thursday is a collaborative effort that these three organizations have come together to raise awareness about Domestic Violence, as well as have a drive to help fulfill the current needs of Hope House.
Purple Thursday will be held at Hope House on October 19th 2017, which is also the recognized day where everyone can raise awareness about Domestic Violence by wearing purple.
Community members can: · Drive through the alley located alongside Hope House that connects between Ash Street and East Street. · Look for the MAX FM banner and purple balloons! Entrance on Ash Street. o Team members will be onsite between the hours of 8:30am to 1pm to collect items. · Click here to see our current wish list.
Hope House is taking part in the Baraboo Rocks initiative to raise awareness and prevent violence in our communities! Volunteers from St. Paul's Lutheran Church helped us by painting Hope House rocks to be hid around town. Also, be on the lookout for the ONE winning rock! If you found the winning rock, email Tami Schell, Volunteer Coordinator, or call Hope House at 608-356-9123 for a prize!
We want to thank all of our communities for the continued support we received It truly does take a community effort to support those in need of services and prevent interpersonal violence. We hope that you enjoy searching for our Baraboo Rocks!
On the back of each rock you will notice: #HopeHouse #DVAM And a number. Each rock has a number that corresponds to a Message of Hope. Browse through the list below to find your Message of Hope.
Messages of Hope
1. Do not lose hope, please believe that there are a thousand beautiful things waiting for you. Sunshine comes to all who feel rain. – RM Drake
2. Take a moment to appreciate how awesome you are, yeah you!
3. You are worthy of love and respect.
4. Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. –Dr. Seuss
5. Focus on what makes your heart soar, you are capable of anything!
6. Always end the day with a positive thought no matter how hard things were. Tomorrow’s a fresh opportunity to make it better.
7. You are unique and have so much to contribute to this world!
8. When the world says ‘give up,’ Hope whispers ‘Try one more time.’
9. Be yourself; everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde
10. You pretty much rock.
11. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." — Christopher Robin, Winnie the Pooh
12. No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. – Eleanor Roosevelt
13. Life’s a climb, but the view is great!
14. We are what we believe we are. - CS Lewis
15. Today, wherever you go, carry the intention of peace, love, and harmony in your heart.
16. When you can’t find the sunshine, be the sunshine.
17. You deserve to be happy.
18. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts. - Eleanor Roosevelt
19. O sweet To-morrow! - After to-day There will away This sense of sorrow. Then let us borrow Hope, for a gleaming Soon will be streaming, Dimmed by no gray - No gray! – Thomas Hardy
20. Impossible is just an opinion. – Paulo Coelho 21. We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon. - Franklin D. Roosevelt
22. Your opinions are important and matter.
23. Success is falling nine times and getting up ten. – Jon Bon Jovi
24. We are more similar than different.
25. Life is a journey to be experienced, not a problem to be solved." — Winnie the Pooh
26. 'Hope' is the thing with feathers-- That perches in the soul-- And sings the tune without the words-- And never stops—at all. -Emily Dickinson
27. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true. – Cinderella
28. Happiness often sneaks in through a door you didn’t know you left open. – John Barrymore
29. Be confident in your abilities, you can do anything you set your mind to.
30. One person can make a difference, and everyone should try. – John F. Kennedy
31. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
32. Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.
33. It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities. – J. K. Rowling
34. Bloom where you are planted.
35. Why fit in when you were born to stand out? – Dr. Seuss
36. You have the power to change the world.
37. Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama
38. There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind. ― C.S. Lewis
39. You are the only person who gets to decide who you are.
40. "It's up to you how far you’ll go. If you don't try, you'll never know." — Merlin, The Sword in the Stone
41. No one is you, and that is your superpower.
42. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. - Confucius
43. We don’t have to agree on anything to be kind to one another.
44. Love recognizes no barriers. It jumps hurdles, leaps fences, penetrates walls to arrive at its destination full of hope. - Maya Angelou
45. Love yourself first and everything else will fall into place.
46. If you can dream it, you can do it –Walt Disney
47. To climb steep hills requires a slow pace at first. – William Shakespeare
48. You’ll be on your way up! You’ll be seeing great sights! You’ll join the high fliers who soar to high heights. – Dr Seuss
49. By being yourself, you put something wonderful in the world that was not there before. - Edwin Elliot
50. You is kind. You is smart. You is important. – The Help